Fate of Io
Chapter 3-4 idea for Enna
2003/12/09 15:23:49 PST by Dev [manager]
[Dev's avatar]

Just a random thought I had:

The Chapter 3 boss, unleashed by Dantalian and Hyde, whom we currently name "Efon," is an old friend of Enna's. It'd make sense she doesn't want to kill her and try to reach out to her friend; this would underestimate the power of Miriel's eumonetic experiments, and Enna gets wounded (diseased, perhaps?). This would (1) explain why Enna doesn't recommend they return to Trosene, (2) reduce the boss fight to including only Syne, Cade, and Dell, giving the newly acquired Cade a more important fighting role, and (3) set up for some dramatic scenes between Syne and Enna in Beniport that can later be paralleled on Mount Nimbus, when Enna stays by the comatose Rheya's side.

I know that was kind of out of the blue, since everyone is apparently in observance of the ever-cyclical FoI Dormant Period. I've been very busy during this end-of-semester crunch, and I'm only writing because I'm at work with nothing better to do. :P Anyway, the crunch should let up soon, and hopefully we can start playing with some of the revisions and additions that need to be made.

Anyway, comments on this?

fateofio.org © Copyright 2001-2005 Sam Pierce, Kenton Varda, and contributors