Fate of Io
Revision workshop
2004/08/11 11:57:48 PDT by Dev [manager]
[Dev's avatar]

Time to get this show on the road, I say. I wouldn't think there'd be too much of a problem transferring whatever work we do now to whatever new structure we create for relaunch. Temp's free to call me on that one. :P

Anyway: everyone, check out the commentary thread here. Siemova and I had a lot of good thoughts, some of which should be included.

There are a few different ways we can tackle Chapter 8, revising to make Ko the younger brother. Each overall plan has some advantages and some disadvantages.

1) Simply switch references to Ko and Kory. This has the advantage of preserving the decision branches that are currently in the chapter (if we even want to do that...). The disadvantage (maybe) is that this requires tweaking a lot of the interactions between the two boys and Brooke, such as why the player is getting to choose the decisions as Ko and so forth.

2) Have the player play Kory until his death. There's still plenty of revision to do, especially since this takes some resposibility from Ko and puts it on Kory. This might have some implications for Ko later on.

There are probably other general solutions as to how to go about revising the chapter, so if anyone has some (I'm lookin' at you, Mystik), now's the time. After that, we can actually get down to discussing and making some changes.

2004/08/11 14:38:26 PDT by Temporal [manager]
[Temporal's avatar]

Ngh...

Reasons why this should wait until after the relaunch:

• If we pull people back to work on this now, there will be less interest when the site is relaunched. I'd rather the interest come after, since it will be better kept at that point.

• If we do not pull people back to work on this now, we won't be getting the best suggestions.

• The new system will allow this work to be done more easily later.

• Perhaps most importantly, I want to be involved in this work, but right now I need to focus all my energy on the site revamp.

So let's not do this now, ok?

2004/08/12 07:23:10 PDT by mystik3eb [0/43]
[mystik3eb's avatar]

Ok, sounds good. But this is kinda what I was looking for: something to keep in mind and consider. Now I have a reason to tremble under the stare of the leader, which is what I wanted. I'll look through this part again and start brainstorming any thoughts, see what I come up with (or don't), then get back to you when P:RV (Project:Re-Vamp, as I'll refer to it from now on for my own convenience) is complete.

I must say: I really really REALLY like the idea of playing as Kory until his death. But for Temp's sake, let's say no more.

2004/08/12 14:15:44 PDT by Dev [manager]
[Dev's avatar]

::stares Mystik down with his Gaze Of Leadership Doom +4::

... but not really. :P

Anyway, just rereading some of the storyline and getting thinking about it is plenty for now, and it's not like there's a lack of material to review. :P So, you heard what the man said, we'll keep major revision work on hold until relaunch.

fateofio.org © Copyright 2001-2005 Sam Pierce, Kenton Varda, and contributors