Fate of Io
Movie to demonstrate plot
2006/08/11 14:36:40 PDT by Davy boy2000b [0/13]
[Davy boy2000b's avatar]

I've got a few projects I'm thinking of starting using Microshaft's Movie Maker, but I have little experience and would like a practice project. I thought I could use stick figures with sketched temporary pictures to fill in the visual gaps to explain the plot quickly to any new users.

We all know we need new users to help get things done, even though Temp and Dev don't have time to do anythig on this atm. The biggest thing stopping us having new contributors is that there's too much to take in at once so they give up and go somewhere else to spend thier creative talents and spare time.

I'm dropping this topic to see what people think. I have no immediate plans to start this right know as I don't know if it would have much positive reception.

1 post deleted.
2006/08/11 15:56:05 PDT by Temporal [manager]
[Temporal's avatar]

I don't think this will help much. I think the biggest thing stopping new people from joining is that there's no activity in the first place. People don't really need to read the whole plot to get started; I myself haven't even read most of the plot. -_-

2006/08/13 13:55:13 PDT by Davy boy2000b [0/13]
[Davy boy2000b's avatar]

And how would we go about getting some current users active, again?

2006/08/18 00:29:52 PDT by Temporal [manager]
[Temporal's avatar]

You need to do both of the following:
1) Create activity on the site yourself, so when people arrive they see a non-dead site.
2) Advertise.

fateofio.org © Copyright 2001-2005 Sam Pierce, Kenton Varda, and contributors